According to PM Live, these are the other things government officials inquired about:
- When will the FDA issue final or updated guidance for mobile medical applications designed for use on smartphones or other mobile computing devices
- Has the FDA discussed, prepared or analysed the effect of the medical device tax, mandated by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, on smartphones (as well as tablets or similar devices)?
- Will the actual use of a smartphone, tablet or app be a factor in whether the FDA chooses to regulate the device or app as a medical device?
- How many mobile medical apps have sought approval from the FDA before entering the market? How many mobile medical apps have been subject to oversight by the FDA after introduction to the market?
- How many apps have either been changed or removed from the market by FDA oversight, and why?