Of America's 500 highest grossing companies:
- Only 32% of those CEOs have a presence on Social Media
- An astounding 68% have no presence on any social network
- 140 CEOs have a LinkedIn account (27.9%)
- Of the top 500 companies, only 28 CEOs are on Twitter (5.6%) with only 19 active users
- Google+ is only used by 5 CEOs
The CEO behind ePharma Summit, Debra Chipman, is on Twitter. The Huffington Post also recently a list of the CEOs they've found to be on Twitter. Read that list here.
Where are the CEOs in Pharma? According to Med City News, there are a few active users on Twitter. What top execs can you follow in the Pharma space?
- Mark Bertolini, chairman and CEO, Aetna (@mtbert)
- Omar Ishrak, president and CEO, Medtronic (@MedtronicCEO)
- Laurent Levy, CEO, Nanobiotix (@nano_inmedicine)
- Glen Giovannetti, global life sciences leader, Ernst & Young, (@GlenGiovannetti)
- John LaMattina, senior partner, PureTech Ventures and former president of global R&D, Pfizer (@John_LaMattina)
- Dennis Urbaniak, VP U.S. Diabetes, Sanofi-Aventis (@DUrbaniak)
- Jonathan Bush, CEO, athenahealth (@Jonathan_Bush)
- Michael Pellini, CEO, Foundation Medicine (@MichaelPellini)
- Bruce Siegel, CEO, National Association of Public Hospitals and Health Systems, (@siegelmd)
- Wayne Guerra, co-founder, iTriage, (@WayneGuerra)
What do you think are the real benefits of having your company's C-Suite online and engaged?