Thursday, February 13, 2014

#ePharma Highlights 2014: Main Conference Day 2 (part 2)

Pin It Now!
We finished out the morning with our track sessions. Stefan Wiemann, Merz Pharma Germany, led "I Am Invincible!" Establish Mobile Digital Selling Experience. Wiemann emphasized the importance of telling a story, use vivid, memorable images and animations. It's about combining fun and utility. Change can be hard to accept, don't push it on everyone all at once, but a little at a time. He also focused on choosing the right platform for your product and budget. Also, create your own advocate within your team, and tailor what kind of information is really relevant. And finally, 20% of your budget should go towards the creation/launch of your product, save the other 80% for maintenance.

Jack Bilson, M3 USA, closed the track with - Understand Promotional Prefences among Specialty Physicians in the U.S. Bilson covered what HCP's are doing on social platforms and the importance of finally getting a glimpse at what those guidelines might mean. He also covered the difference in type of participation among specialty physicians and the results might surprise you.

Cardiology - the "live" specialty,
Dermatology - the "give it to me" specialty
Oncology - the "elusive" specialty
Urology - the "I like you" specialty (eager for information!)

Another interesting topic Bilson discussed was the idea of understanding ALL of your target audience. Remember, non-targets also offer significant value. And finally, avoid online discussion boards for promotion, leverage promotional assets across all channels.

Chris Hogg, Practice Fusion kicked off our afternoon session, Using Algorithms & Big Data. Hogg discussed the idea of capturing data for disease surveillance - especially tracking and predicting influenza. We can use the data to model outbreaks at the earliest stages. He also stressed the importance of understanding patient flow. With the right information we could use that data to predict which patients are most likely to be put on a certain therapy, or even analyze a patients journey to a certain outcome or treatment. Bottom line? We want to understand how the doctors are making decisions, and we want the data to tell us that because developing these tools ultimately makes the lives of both physicians and patients easier.

One of the last panels was moderated by Joseph Kvedar, Partners Healthcare.Panelists included - Brent Rose, Celgene Corporation, Raj Amin, Mana Health, Jack Barrette, WEGO Health, Steven Krein, StartUp Health, Deb Furey, Merkle Inc. The panel discussed the fact that industries always have a direct line as to who their customers are, but Pharma is lacking that direct line. We’re getting closer, but haven’t cracked it in a scalable way just yet. The addressability at scale is not something Pharma can do just yet. The devices – Fitbit, FuelBand, Nest, are helping, but you have to continue to make big data applications accessible.  Four square is doing a great job of mining a large data set. Also, it's about finding problems through conversation and analyzing them. JetBlue built their program on customer complaints. And finally, there are too many silos of data, the sweet spot is adherence. It's the combination of data and those players working together that will help us succeed.

Thanks for a great conference, see you next year!
Post a Comment